Long pause in audio even after I trimmed it in Storyline 360?

Jun 08, 2020

Hi, 

I'm very new to Articulate and am trying to create a voice-over for a quick project. In it, I used voice recordings from my files and trimmed it on the Storyline audio editor to where it needed to be with the timing and layers of a specific slide. However, when I try previewing the project, there's a big pause in the audio where a pause used to be even though I trimmed it down. It therefore throws off the timing of my animations on the new layers. I tried exporting the audio back to my files and it sounds correct, but when I use the same audio within Storyline the pause comes back. Any idea why this might be, and if I'm missing something here? Thanks in advance. 

2 Replies
Danita Moulin

Hi Sam, my solution took me a while to get, but I got there.

I tried different methods of previewing, deleting and re-uploading the old audio, and rebuilding the entire slide. None of those worked. However, I realized that when I made layers, the base audio was copied in the layers and that messed everything all up. The problem went away when I deleted audio from each of the layers and only stuck with the base slide audio. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.