Lost my work!

Jun 07, 2017

I have auto recover set to 10 minutes, but my file had not been saved for 3 hours! Help! Where can I find those temp files? I'm using SL 360. It did NOT prompt me to recover when I re-opened it.

#sadcakes

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Aw, Heather - I know that feeling. I'm sorry. 😕 

To have the auto recovery work, and temp files created the file does need to be saved at least once prior. Was it something that you hadn't saved yet? 

Did Storyline crash or did you close out the file? If you closed the file, auto recovery won't bring you to where you left off - it's truly designed in the event of a crash of Storyline or the system. 

Please let me know if I can help with anything else! 

Ruby Dwyer

I just had this happen to me with Articulate Replay and now Story line.  But on Story line, I had almost an hour total of recorded voice overs.  The system crashed while I was recording and I lost it all. It is set to auto save at ten minutes and I searched the Temp files as mentioned above.  Really wish they could have a better setup than that.  When you are focusing on graphics or audio sometimes time can get away from you - the reason for the auto save feature.  :( 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.