Lost Storyline file

Oct 30, 2017

Hello,

I have the course uploaded to the LMS, so I have the Storyline output files.  Is there a way to retrieve the Storyline story file so I can edit the course?  For some reason I cannot find it anywhere.

I appreciate help in this matter,

Thanks, Anna

6 Replies
Wendy Farmer

Hi Anna

unfortunately you can't retrieve the source file from the published output however there may still be a copy of your file in the temporary folders.

Go to Windows Explorer and type in  the address bar %temp%/articulate

you'll see a lot of files with odd looking names and numbers but you may be able to decipher something from there.

Good luck.

Anna Sompolska

Hi Wendy,

I can see only the images in my temp Storyline folder.  This really bugs me a lot.  I can see the story file but none of the changes I made to the course have been saved.  The copy uploaded to the LMS is the new version.  Do you have an idea what could have happened?  You cannot publish the course before you save it, so why do I see the old version?

I hate to waste time and recreate the whole course.  At the same time I am trying to understand what happened.

Thanks for your prompt response, Anna

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.