Making Storyline Modules Available to Employee iPads
Sep 11, 2012
I am trying to figure out how to make Storyline modules available to our field employee's iPads.
- Ideally we want our field to be able to play via the Articulate mobile player.
- Using mobile Safari would also be acceptable if we can't use the mobile player.
- We do NOT need to track results at this point.
- Distribution must be done securely. Hopefully we can use existing tools/systems.
- Our company has its own internal app store and mobile Content Management System for iPads.
- Our LMS (Saba) requires username/password credentials (defeats the mobile player option).
Approach #1 - Mobile Player App?
Could we zip and distribute through our company's mobile content management system (mCMS)?
In this approach I can make the zip folder reside in our custom app (mCMS) but I cannot "Open In" to the mobile player directly. Is there some way to get this zipped module to the mobile player app?
Approach #2 - Mobile Safari?
If #1 is not feasible could I somehow unzip and view using the mobile Safari?
Approach #3 - PhoneGap?
Our company has its own app store internally for the iPad. Is it possible to use PhoneGap to turn a Storyline module into an app and distribute it this way?
Approach #4 - Browser-based Acess via "Secure" web server
Is there a way to host Storyline files on a web server without giving access to the general public but allowing our field employees to download to their mobile player? How about via their mobile Safari?