Mark a activity in Moodle as complete using a trigger in Storyline Content (SCORM 1.2) - Moodle 3.5 & Articulate 360

Jun 13, 2018

We've been trying for a while, and not succeeding to create a set of triggers that will:

1. Close the window in which the Articulate content opened (We'd prefere the content to prevent a student from clicking elsewhere, thus we opted for the 'open in new window' option in Moodle.
  2. Mark the linked Activity in Moodle as complete (ticked) once the window has closed.

I've tried using several sets of JavaScript and, to date, none have worked.
I'll be attaching the .story file.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you and Kind Regards

Luan

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Luan!

I'm happy to lend a hand! First, can you tell me more about what you had in mind? Do you want the learner to exit the course on Slide 1.8 Conclusion?

If so, try creating an "Exit Course" button on slide 1.8. Then, add these two triggers to that slide:

1. Complete course "Completed/Passed" when the timeline starts on slide 1.8.
  2. Exit course when the user clicks the "Exit Course" button. 

Let me know how it goes!

Luan Snyman

Hello Alyssa.

I managed to fix it using your suggestions.

So now it works as expected but the goodbye.html slide shows, except it doesn't show the changed I made - please see attached the html file.

When the goodbye.html slide does show, it excludes the changed background colour, text colour and the logo I added.

Any advice?

Regards
Luan

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.