Matching drag and drop

May 04, 2020

Hello, I am creating my first matching drag and drop quiz and to my mind, I should have it configured correctly. However, when I run the quiz, putting the right answers together always gives the incorrect response. I don't know what I am doing wrong... Any help is appreciated. 

2 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi William,

Looking at your images, I suspect the problem is that you have two of each of the answer boxes, but no way to differentiate which one is which. When you set up your slide, the answer will only be correct if each of the items on the left is dropped on the specific instance of the answer on the right to which they are linked in Form View. You can't just link an option on the left with either version of, for example, "Liquid Patient Interface" on the right and get the same result. One will be right and the other will be wrong.

To better illustrate this, I suggest you temporarily add, for example, an asterisk to one of each of your answer pairs (i.e. "Applanating Patient Interface *" and "Liquid Patient Interface *"). Now, when you preview your slide, you should be able to accurately match your items on the left with the items on the right, as you will know which ones have been linked to the answers with the asterisk in Form View.

As you effectively only have two options for answers and four items to match up, you would be better off using a standard Drag and Drop, where you have two targets and four items to select. Now you can easily drop more than one item on each target and obtain the correct result you are after.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.