Matching Drag & Drop

Jan 08, 2018

Hi,

I am getting issue on matching drag n drop activity in SL2, like if i replay the activity using seekbar button, the options shuffled in correct order. is there any option to handle this?

- Salim

3 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Salim,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I tested this in Storyline 2, and I saw the answer choices were displayed in the correct order when I clicked the player rewind button. This only happens in HTML5, so the Flash output should work normally.

As a workaround, I would view the content in one of these Flash-enabled browsers. You can be sure you're viewing the Flash output if you check the end of the URL and see story.html.

Thanks again for letting us know what's going on, and I'm really sorry if it's slowing you down!

Matt Painter

Hi guys

I am having trouble with this also. I have matching drag and drop graded questions in my project. I publish it in Storyline 360 using the HTML5 only output with Modern Storyline Player.

The 'shuffle answers' option is even disabled in the Storyline authoring area.

The Articulate website says: When you publish courses with the modern player, you’ll get HTML5-only output that works beautifully in all major browsers on desktop computers and mobile devices.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Matt and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

The Matching Drag and Drop question shuffles answers by default. It's not disabled in the image you displayed, but it cannot be changed.

If they were not set to shuffle you would see 'None' vs. 'Answers'.

The original issue shared here was that they were not shuffling on subsequent visits and I'm not seeing the same thing reported for Storyline 360.

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.