Max File Size

Jul 20, 2016

I have read the threads about course length etc.  This question is about pure file size.  The course I'm working on has 24 slides plus quiz questions.  Each slide is a video (from 2 minutes to 10 minutes long) and each slide includes closed captioning for the video.  The current .story file size is 3.2GB.  This worked fine for a couple of months, but now when I go to open the .story file I get the dialog box that the file is locked.  The file path is short, c:hospsafety/safety.story, I have uninstalled Storyline 2 using the Storyline uninstall tool, reinstalled Storyline, .NET and Flash player.  But the file will not open.  Is this due to file size or is there another factor I'm missing?

10 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hey Steve - I'm not sure if Bruce is still subscribed here, but I popped in to check on the case for you.

It looks like our team was not able to duplicate the issue reported here, and a published example and newly imported file was provided to Bruce. We did not hear back from the user, so I cannot verify that this did the trick.

I'd recommend trying the solution shared with Bruce if you are having a similar issue:

Here's how to import slides or the whole project files from another Articulate Storyline project

Just let us know if you need further assistance.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.