Menu bar

Jan 20, 2013

Hello! I would like to know about the menu bar. Okay I have list of titles and have set it as "Restricted". It's is working perfectly fine but the issue is, I would not want the cursor to change to a hand sign (the sign which appears when we are able to click on something). I want the mouse cursor to remain as an arrow until that particular title have been viewed before. Is it possible to prevent it from changing when hovered over an title which has not been viewed before?

2 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Preeya,

I may be wrong, but I don't think there's a way to change the mouse cursor for the menu in Storyline. If the course is set to restricted, though, it should be fairly obvious to a learner that they cannot access the content if they try to click on it through the menu. Once usually does the trick  

If this is something you'd like to see added to in the future, you might want to consider submitting a feature request. I think this would be pretty interesting, especially if you could customize it (for example, a red "X" when hovering over a menu section the learner cannot access, etc.). 

However, other community members may have some suggestions. I'd love to hear of some ways to work with this. If you discover any, please share!

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.