Toolbar Font Padding with Storyline 360 and Brightspace

Feb 06, 2017

I have adjusted the player font size to 150% in response to users wanting a larger font on the menu and notes pages of the player. I have published my course in the Brightspace LMS (D2L). Now I am having problems with padding of the top toolbar font. How can I make adjustments to the toolbar font without affecting the font on the menu and notes pages?

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for sharing the image here, are you referring to the blue section of your player where the Notes and Menu are located? Have you also looked to confirm that Brightspace isn't adding any additional padding by uploading the published course to a testing platform such as SCORM Cloud? If you're still having difficulty there, we'll want to take a look at the .story file to see how it's behaving. 

Lisa Reilly

Yes, I am referring to the blue space above the font. I am still having an issue. I reduced the size of the player font to 125% and it added a smidge more blue space, but still nothing close to resembling the preview in Storyline. I am attaching the revised story file for you.

Thank you for the help!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Lisa for sharing the file - I see the same behavior you're describing in that the words menu/resources move almost to the top of the player and leave a lot of extra space below the wording. It looks like it's aligned the the top vs. the center of the overall player bar based on increasing the font size. This is something that has recently been reported to our QA team, so I'll include this forum discussion as a part of that report so that I can update you here once there is additional information to share and so that our team is aware of the number of users impacted. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Lisa,

Good news! We fixed the issue you reported where the player menu tab was cropped when the player font size was set to 200% when viewing the HTML5 output.

Install the latest Storyline 360 update to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. Here's how.

If the problem happens again, please record a Peek 360 screencast for me, and I'll be happy to help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.