Missing Audio

Jul 27, 2016

Hello,

I have created a course in Storyline and when I preview it everything works fine. Unfortunately, when I upload it to our LMS the audio is missing.  I also uploaded it to the SCORM cloud to test it and the audio is missing there as well.  Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

Mandaly

9 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mandaly,

I'd also want to confirm that you're publishing locally and adhering to the other files guidelines here. If so, and you're still having difficulty we'll want to take a look at your .story file and do some testing on our end. You can upload it here by using the "add attachment" button at the bottom of the reply window. 

melissa flores

Please help...  I'm having the same exact issue.  I published a Storyline 2 module a month ago, uploaded it to the tempshare site, tested it - all worked as expected.  Today I made edits to one slide (added one new textbox and corresponding audio), and reloaded to the tempshare site to test the change, but now all audio for the entire module is lost.  I also uploaded it to Scorm Cloud to try there, and although I get the "Congratulations, your manifest looks great", all audio is lost there as well.

I checked the /story_content folder, and there are many .mp3 files, so all audio files appear to be in tact.  I've attached the .zip file for your review.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Melissa! So sorry to hear that - it's certainly strange that the .mp3 files are still in your story_content folder, but they're not playing in the published output. Would you mind sharing the .story project file here so I can take a peek at your slides? I'd like to do some testing on my end. 

One more question - are you publishing with Flash or HTML5? I'll test both - just want to double check that you're viewing the content with a supported browser. 

Kristi Larson

I am having a problem somewhat similar, my published files include mp4 and are skipping parts of the audio, but playing the video normally so the video ends much later than the audio. I also tried adding the audio in separately and just muting the video and it still skips some  of the audio content (though not in the same place as when it is in the mp4)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.