Missing Text

Nov 05, 2014

Hello, I've gone through the other discussions where some text is missing and I don't think my issue is the same, so I'm opening this one up.  We have started receiving comments from our users about missing text elements in several courses developed in both Storyline and Presenter '13.  I've attached two screenshots that illustrate what we are seeing.

The screenshot with the orange background was developed in '13, the other in Storyline. Has anyone come across this as well?  I cannot duplicate this on my computer. This is happening on Firefox, Chrome, and IE. Unfortunately we have thousands of users on every variation of operating systems, browsers, etc - so far we are not seeing a trend to anything specific.

Thank you!

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Julie,

Yes, the screenshots didn't come through. 

Are you able to determine any consistency between the users who are seeing this behavior? You mention you're not able to replicate it - so I'm also guessing not every user is seeing the missing text? When I've seen this issue before it typically has to down with the Flash version the user has installed, so you'll want to ensure that the users are accessing the courses through the supported browsers detailed here for Storyline 1, Storyline 2, and Presenter 13. 

Please let us know if you're able to share a bit more information about the set up, behavior, etc. 

Emily Ruby

Hello Julie!

Is this course hosted on a web server, or through an LMS? you would also need to make sure the users are meeting the system requirements for viewing the content.

If it is through an LMS you can test the course at the SCORM Cloud to see if you see the same results.

The screen shots did not attach. You could also attach the file if you would like us to test this.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.