Missing trigger conditions when upgrading from Storyline 1 to Storyline 2

I have a condition on a button trigger to evaluate a variable. When I upgraded the file from storyline 1, I noticed that the button behaviour had changed and when I investigated, the condition had disappeared from my trigger. This has happened on all subsequent files that I have upgraded.

In some instances, when I have re-input the condition then saved and closed the program, the next time I open it and publish it, the condition has vanished again.

Any suggestions?

9 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tess,

I've seen a few instances of this with upgrading files, and in the ones I've seen it's almost as if the trigger condition behaves in the opposite way. Do you have a sample SL1 file we could take a look at and test upgrading? You'll also want to confirm that you're working on project files as described here. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tess,

Absolutely - you can upload it to us here. Please share the SL1 back up file so that I can see how it worked in SL1 and then go through the upgrade process myself. Also you may want to strip it down to just a few slides that aren't working when upgrading so that it's easier to isolate the issue. 

Tessa Maki

Was any solution found with this? I upgraded an SL1 file for the first time yesterday and found that although the conditions still appeared on my triggers, they didn't actually function in some cases. Once I deleted the trigger and rebuilt it with the exact same conditions, it worked just fine. This along with 2 other issues I ran into made the whole experience incredibly disappointing! Not used to Articulate being a cause of frustation in my day. :(

Is it best practice to not upgrade old files to SL2 unless you have a need to use any of the new features?

 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tessa, 

What update of Storyline 2 are you using? We released update 5 last week, and there was a fix associated with trigger conditions that were set to OR switching back to AND when clicked. In addition I do see another issue still with our team where the trigger condition seems to work in reverse - is that what you're seeing? That issue is still with our QA team, but we'll keep you posted here with any updates once there is information to share. 

Tessa Maki

Thanks, Tess and Ashley! I did make the upgrade prior to updating to 5, so that may have helped with that one. We haven't had an issue with stability in the past, so I'm not sure that the time necessary to retest and review every single slide and layer of the course is worth it when just a small edit is being made. Hopefully the formatting issues that are being caused by upgrading to SL2 will be resolved soon!

Christie Pollick

Hi all,

I wanted to provide an update here, as Storyline 2 Update 8 was just released, and included a number of fixes which you can see in the release notes available here. The item you all may be particularly interested in is how it fixed the issue where trigger conditions wouldn't work properly when upgrading a project from Storyline 1 to Storyline 2. You can download the latest update here, and after downloading and installing the latest update you’ll want to republish any existing content to ensure that the updates and fixes are applied.

Let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly