Module with Videos Crashes IE11 (client computers only)

Apr 24, 2017

Case No. 01061515

Hi All,

I developed a module with a number of videos in a choose your own adventure style scenarios and am having some issues. 

We have not been able to replicate the crash outside of their computer systems so I'm not sure if there is anything we can do on our side, but I thought I'd check in in case anyone has been seen before.

Everything I mention below occurs on IE11 only and only on the clients computers. They tested in Chrome and it worked fine (but they need to use IE11).

When i published out of Storyline 2, as client navigates through the video scenarios, the module crashes and they would get the Flash grey exclamation point error. So I thought perhaps it was a Flash issue.

Next I published the module out of Storyline 3 HTML5 only to see if this would resolve the issue. However the module still crashes and they just get a black screen (screenshot attached).

I don't believe it is a computer resource issue as the module runs perfectly fine on my Samsung S6 Edge using its native browser. However if they exit the module after the crash and resume where they left off, it works again.

Has anyone encountered anything like this before?

4 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Johny and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

I took a look at Derek's case mentioned above and we were unable to replicate the issue, similar to what Derek shared too.

Victor uploaded his content onto one of our web servers to have his client test to try to pinpoint the issue a bit further, but it does not look like we've heard back from him to verify.

Would you be able to share the details of your experience and your .story file with our team here so that we can take a closer look?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.