More safari audio issues with storyline 360 course

Jun 10, 2020

Hi e-learning friends,

I'm about to launch a substantial medical education course with a lot of detailed/illustrated audio narration, drag/drop interactions, and a branched patient visit simulation. I'm using Storyline (v. 3.39.22088.0) and have been primarily publishing to a wordpress site via the elearningfreak plugin. I had been testing primarily on chrome on both PC and Mac and only occasionally on safari. What I now realize is that upon first launch audio not only fails to start until the user clicks, but that when the user *does* click, audio begins out of sync with the timeline. This occurs in multiple locations in my first scene, so I'm concerned that the sometimes discussed solution of adding a launch button at the start wouldn't help. I know this is a common issue with storyline and safari but would love to know where Articulate currently stands on a solution, since it really renders the course unusable. 

In any case, I'd love to get some help diagnosing the problem, and might need some staff-level troubleshooting on this one since it seems like a recurrent issue. Otherwise I feel like I have to warn users not to use safari, which feels like a defeat. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Ian

P.S. I already posted about a smaller issue with this course's responsiveness: namely that it remains locked into portrait mode no matter which options I select. 

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/rotate-device-issues#reply-680498

I uploaded my course but haven't heard back. Would love to try to resolve that issue at the same time, if possible. 

1 Reply

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.