Motion paths

Sep 04, 2019

I've search high and low and can't find an answer to this. I have one slide with several different motion paths for different objects. When I make some changes the triggers change and tell me either the object is unassigned, the path is unassigned or both. I can reassign the object but not the path. I end up giving I a new path. Now I have 12 paths all over the place. Is there a way to see all these so I can remove the unused paths and reassign the ones I need? Help.

1 Reply
David Schwartz

Hi Eric,

I'm no expert with these, but some things I have seen:

When you have more than one motion path that belongs to an object, regardless of the order of the triggers that get added as you add motion paths, Storyline seems to always use the last one that was added. BUT you can delete the triggers, and add a Move trigger (or keep a single one of them and edit it) and assign any of the existing motion paths created for that object.

If you are on the Animations tab, you should be able to see all of the motion paths on a given slide. If there are so many that you can't tell which paths belong to which objects, you could temporarily hide the visibility of objects to isolate each object and its paths.

Hope this helps.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.