Mouse over for a particular word is not working in storyloine3 and storyline360

May 15, 2017

Hello Articulate team,

Mouse over for a particular word is not working in storyline 3 and storyline 360. But mouse over for a full text box is working. As per our requirement we need to show mouse over for a particular word not for full text box. In storyline 1 & 2, mouse over for a particular word is working fine. We have updated our soryline version to 3 and 360.

Please check the attached storyline 3 file.

And also there is a spacing issue between the letters in verdana font. check the screenshot.

Please reply on this.

Regards

Chandrasekhar M.

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Chandrasekhar,

Thanks so much for reaching out. We're working on an issue where the hyperlink hover trigger does not open a layer in HTML5. I'll add this thread to the report--that helps us prioritize the issue. We'll be sure to notify you as soon as we have an update. 

For now, try using a "when user clicks" trigger instead of a "when mouse hovers over" trigger. If you'd rather a hover than a click, try using a hotspot. You also have the option of publishing with Flash/HTML5, so users with a Flash-enabled browser will see the Flash version which works as expected.

In regards to the text spacing, I'm not seeing issues on my end. Was that screenshot taken during Storyline preview, or after publishing? 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Chandra,

Great news!  We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is:

We fixed several issues with triggers in HTML5 output, including on-click triggers that would automatically execute when using keyboard navigation to tab between objects, key-press triggers that wouldn't jump to the next slide when they were assigned to data-entry fields, and inconsistent hover triggers.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for Storyline 360. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.