Mouse Pointer

Jul 07, 2014

Hi there,

I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend.  =)   I'm building a little course in Storyline, and have run into an odd little issue.  I searched the web, as well as the forums with no luck, so here I am with a question.

On a few of my pages, I have images linked to either the next slide, or an image that triggers a lightbox slide.   Here is what I am finding when viewing my files on the web:

* In Firefox, the cursor changes to the little hand when i mouseover the images, signifying a link is there.

* In Safari and Chrome, while the links & triggers work, the cursor does NOT change to the little hand

Is this a Safari & Chrome issue, or is there something Storyline is doing that they don't like?  I did some research on Safari, and  it doesn't seem to be a Safari issue because any text link on the web does change the cursor to the little hand.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you may have.

Cheers,

Brian

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Brian,

What versions of Safari or Chrome are you using? I use Chrome regularly and haven't noticed a change in the hand cursor not appearing - so you'll also want to look at the system requirements here for viewing Storyline and ensure you're using an updated browser and Flash version. Did you add these elements as links or as hotpsots - as the latter does allow you to remove the hand cursor, and possibly it was disabled by accident?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Brian,

I've got the same Flash and Chrome versions - do you have an example I could look at?

Also, since you mentioned you're using a Mac, I did want to confirm that you're following along with the general guidelines here for working on a Mac, especially ensuring you're working locally as described in this article and also testing the published content within the intended environment as described here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.