MP4 video in Storyline

Dec 11, 2018

Hello

I use Articulate Storyline version 2.0.

I've inserted an MP4 video into a Storyline module to run as an online  course. 

I have published the course into my LMS (Cornerstone) and cannot work out how I can set the video to pick up where the user has stopped the video running, for example, if they are part way through and cannot finish watching it.  The video simply starts from the beginning again.  It is only 11 minutes long but the course is going out firmwide and I know we will get some irate people if I can't resolve this.  Can you help please?  I need to get this sorted today!

Thank you.

1 Reply
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rachel!

When a learner exits a slide that has a video on it, the default resume behavior is that the slide will reset to the beginning of the video. The only way to save the progress is by going to the next slide. 

I know you don't want to force your learners to completely restart the video, so I found a workaround that should help! Take a look at this tutorial by my colleague, Mike Enders.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.