Multiple Results Slides

Sep 23, 2020

I have a course that has graded questions interspersed throughout.  At the end, there is a results slide, and if they pass, they're done.  If they don't pass, they retry and go a new scene which is just all of the questions again (so they don't have to go back to the first question in the course and repeat the entire course), and a new results slide.    

Since we can only get results from one results slide, is there a way to add a third results slide that will report the score from the first results slide for those who passed, and the score from the second results slide for those who had to retake the quiz?

Or...is there way to make the retry ONLY the questions, and not the rest of the slides?

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Barbi,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you would like to accomplish in your project file.

Expanded Quiz Tracking is a feature that is on our roadmap and coming soon. I've added this conversation to our report so that we can share updates with you here.

In the meantime, you can create a variable that adjusts when the content is being retried and use this variable to skip the content slides.

I've created a small sample attached here and here's an explanation in a short Peek 360 video.

Judy Nollet

Hi, Barbi,

I've seen variations of your question a few times, so I created my own post with the answer just so I'll be able to easily reference it (instead of re-writing the instructions each time). Here's the post:

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/tip-review-and-retry-non-adjacent-quiz-questions-without-seeing-the-content-slides-in-between 

My instructions are similar to what Leslie provided in her video. However, mine include tracking whether the quiz questions are being reviewed or retried. That post includes a Story file, so you can see how I implemented the instructions. 

Good luck!

Ren Gomez

Hi Barbi and Judy,

Great news!  We just released another update for Storyline 360 and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is how Storyline 360 can now keep track of every quiz in your course, then send results to your LMS for the first quiz each learner completes. Learn more about expanded quiz tracking here!

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.