Navigation Buttons

Apr 30, 2014

Is there anyway to edit the text on the Navigation Button in the player on just one screen?  I would like the last button to say EXIT. I am guessing the only way to do this is to create my own navigation buttons, but then they won't be on the player, right?

Thanks

3 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi John,

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes! :)

You're correct on both counts. If you modify the text label for the "Next" or "Previous" buttons, they'll display this label throughout the entire course. If you create custom buttons, they will display within the slide and not on the player level.

One option, however, would be to simply create a custom "Exit" button on your final slide. You could disable the other navigational buttons on just that slide, so the custom button is the learner's only option at that point. Though it won't be perfectly aligned with the other buttons in previous slides, you wouldn't need to add new buttons to every slide in your project, or add them with a Master Slide - which may also be an alternative. 

Let us know if you have any questions, or need any assistance.

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Sounds good, John.

An alternative would be to create a completely customized look - you could even make a "faux" player by disabling all of the built-in features and making your own. Obviously this would be more work, but it would be completely customized and you'd have more control over the design and functionality.

Just a thought :)

Best of luck!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.