Need help with storyline 360 accessibility

Apr 09, 2019

Hi, I'm just getting started with storyline and cannot seem to find where I can assign the title to buttons like next and previous, or button states like play and pause. When I launch a project and try using either my JAWS or NVDA screen-reader, as I get to the next button or previous button, all I hear is "button". I have no idea which one is next or which one is previous or back.  I am having a similar issue with the play and pause buttons. When I click the space bar for play or pause all I hear is "space" so I have no idea what state the button is in.

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hi David,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know what you are running into with your project.

Are you using the Modern Player within Storyline 360? We do have a similar issue reported, but I wanted to confirm prior to adding this conversation to the report.

The solution, in the meantime, is to use the Classic Player so that JAWS reads the items as expected.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.