Need help with triggers

May 15, 2018

Hi everyone,

I am stuck...I layered the content to step 4 and now need to go back to the base layer. I have content on the base layer that needs to be displayed after the visit to step 4. Which trigger(s) do I need to use to make that happen? Please see the screenshot. Thanks!

9 Replies
Walt Hamilton

I looked at the screenshot. I suspect the problem is not there. If you hide all the layers, the base layer is all that shows, and you have a hide trigger in the screenshot. Can you explain more specifically what you want to happen, and what is happening?

Or, actually to get the best possible answer, add your .story file here as an attachment, or at least that slide.

Wendy Farmer
Avril Fortuin

after the learner went through the layers (1-4), the learner shpuld be directed back to the base later where the Tips will be displayed.

Hi Avril

which slide has the issue. I just tested slide 1.4 and that's exactly what is happening.

Layer 1 shows - user closes

Layer 2 shows - user closes

Layer 3 shows - user closes

Layer 4 shows - user closes and Tips displays

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Avril, 

I took a look at your file too and saw Wendy's Peek video, and I'm having a hard time figuring out what you'd like to behave differently. After viewing all 4 layers on slide 1.4, I'm directed back to the slide's base layer and the new red box listing the Tips appears. 

If you're seeing something different perhaps sharing a screen shot or screen recording would help. If you're using Articulate 360, you can take a Peek of the problem. You can include the "Share" link here in your reply! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.