New Articulate 360 Feature: Content Library Media

Mar 07, 2017

Hi everyone,

We’ve just released a major expansion to Content Library – your subscription now includes over 1.5 million beautiful photos, illustrations, icons, and videos for use in your Storyline projects!

The catalog covers a wide range of subjects from professional and office environments to people, the natural world, and a range of every day objects. All are royalty free with no attribution required.

Once inserted onto your slide, they behave just like normal images, videos, and shapes, so you can apply effects, re-color them etc. This makes them incredibly flexible and the easiest way to make visually rich, engaging courses.

Check out Arlyn’s video for more info:

And here's the full Content Library Media Documentation.

To get started, just update your 360 Desktop App and then update Storyline 360.

For an overview of everything in the March ’17 update, see our What’s New Page.

Thanks,

Simon

104 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Haha, I had the same question Joel when I searched for "nurses" as another user was having difficulty getting anything (different issue with their IT permissions). I wish I had a good answer for the frogs, but honestly that picture can't have any answer...just institute an office caption contest for the ones like that. Team building activity. ;-) 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Laurie,

That's definitely odd! We haven't had any reported down time that could be causing it that error message, but I'm curious if you were able to include these network and endpoints to ensure you can access all the articulate 360 information and resources?

If you are still running into the error, can we get you working with our Support Engineers so that they can take a better look at your system and settings? 

Wendy Farmer

Hi Catherine

if you go into the Help tab > About Storyline you should see the version you are running.

I can tell from the screenshot of your insert tab that you are running an older version

it should look like this for the content library of media. If you are looking for content library templates click the Slides tab.

Close down all 360 tools and then click the Articulate 360 desktop icon - it should tell you there are updates available. 

Where you see open in the snap below it should say update

Alison  L.

(1) DID ANYTHING COME OF KYLE's QUESTION about getting the raw video file to play with ? (eg. Kyle wanted to fiddle around with it in After Effects) 

(2) Is there some kind of WILDCARD option in searches?  I was wondering if there was anyway to preview everything, Or at the very least the ICONS ?  I am really visual so I prefer to browse options and get inspired that way. (Or am I the only one?) 

THANKS!

Kyle Main

I had trouble with "All" only loading a certain amount of more files.
Maybe 7-10 I forget.

Maybe it was the Icons that did not show icons i have searched for
specifically.

Also the Videos are the only thing that I can't easily get out of Storyline.
- Videos, I used Snagit after enlarging as big as I can in storyline to
record the video.
- ALL other files from content library have a right-click option from a
menu ("Save Picture-As")
- You can not open the files that are just sitting in a folder that is
stored (only storyline can open the strange file type)

Workarounds really help.

Kyle

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.