New Articulate 360 Feature: Content Library Media

Mar 07, 2017

Hi everyone,

We’ve just released a major expansion to Content Library – your subscription now includes over 1.5 million beautiful photos, illustrations, icons, and videos for use in your Storyline projects!

The catalog covers a wide range of subjects from professional and office environments to people, the natural world, and a range of every day objects. All are royalty free with no attribution required.

Once inserted onto your slide, they behave just like normal images, videos, and shapes, so you can apply effects, re-color them etc. This makes them incredibly flexible and the easiest way to make visually rich, engaging courses.

Check out Arlyn’s video for more info:

And here's the full Content Library Media Documentation.

To get started, just update your 360 Desktop App and then update Storyline 360.

For an overview of everything in the March ’17 update, see our What’s New Page.

Thanks,

Simon

104 Replies
Joern Godau
Leslie McKerchie

No need to copy anything. Content Library works seamlessly with Studio 360 as well. Check out this article.

But there are only templates and characters! I want to use the photos which are supported with Storyline 360.

That's why I'm asking about license rights: "Is it allowed to copy contents of the library with Storyline 360 and to use (paste) them in Studio 360?" 

(for example the attached photo of the Storyline 360 content lib)

I look forward to a clear statement!

Thank you very much!

Jörn

Joern Godau

Simon Taghioff:
"We’ve just released a major expansion to Content Library – your subscription now includes over 1.5 million beautiful photos, illustrations, icons, and videos for use in your Storyline projects!"

I have a subscription (Articulate 360) and want to use the "1.5 million beautiful photos, illustrations, icons, …" in Studio/Presenter 360 too.

June Dunlap

Why is this only available to 360 product users? There are many of us out here that cannot use that version due to cyber security restraints in our companies. I am sorry, but I feel like we should also have access or the ability to access the content library for the $$$ we pay for Storyline 3 and Studio 13. Will this ever be available for us?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi June, 

Content Library is a part of our subscription service, and new templates, characters, images and icons are consistently being added to the library. They're all royalty free for commercial and non-commercial use—no attribution required. Currently Content Library is only available as a part of Articulate 360 - and I don't have any info on plans to change that set up. 

We still do upload templates and examples within the E-Learning Heroes downloads section - that are created by members of our team or the ELH community. 

June Dunlap

Thanks Ashley,

Unfortunately I cannot do the 360 because of the capability to put our stuff online using Rise and the other product that allows you to share with SMEs. But having access to an online content library would be very beneficial. I go through the templates form time to time but most of the characters out there are more cartoons, and not quite the quality I am looking for. Will have to try and find another content library out there somewhere in the meantime.

June

I certainly understand that the Articulate 360 subscription isn't for everyone, and I'm sorry you won't be able to use all the templates and characters.

If you'd like to share this feedback, it's also good to pass along to our Product team. We do get lots of requests and ideas here in the forums and also through our feature request form. We always love to hear feedback from our customers, and we take all of these suggestions into account.

In case you're wondering, here's how we manage all of the ideas we receive!

Julee Jaeger

How do I download one of the templates for Storyline 360? I go to Storyline 360 and there is a link to the content library, so I click it and it takes me to a page that says to go to Storyline 360. Also I launch the "Content Library" from the Articulate 360 screen and it goes to the page that says "Download directly from Storyline 360 and Studio 360." I feel like I'm going in circles. Where do I get these templates?

Ali Goulet

Hey Julee,

Great question! There are a few ways you can add a template from the Content Library in Storyline 360:

• Go to the Home tab on the ribbon, click New Slide, and choose Content Library.
  • Go to the Slides tab on the ribbon and click Content Library.
  • In Story View, right-click anywhere in the workspace, scroll to New Slide, and choose Content Library.
  • In Slide View or Form View, right-click anywhere in the Scenes panel, scroll to New Slide, and choose Content Library.

To add a Content Library template to your project, just browse to it as described above, select it, then click Insert Slide in the lower right corner. 

Check out this tutorial for reference. Let me know if you have questions! 🙂

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Julee!

Well that certainly isn't the behavior we wish for you to see.

I recorded a quick Peek video here to demonstrate how to add to your course using Content Library.

It sounds like you are not seeing these options, so for complete access to all things Articulate 360, ask your IT staff to allowlist the domains in this article.

Let me know if that works for you :)

Hi Homer, 

Content library is sourced materials and accessible to all Articulate 360 users. It sounds like you'd like to have an individual library for media assets? That's not something that we have right now but if you're using Articulate 360 teams you could share a set of Teams slides that have assets for the others to use. 

Hope that helps! 

homer simpson

Thanks Ashley. Is storyline available as installed rather than cloud based? (Our employer will not allow any cloud based systems) If so could we set up our own file server to host our own media? And give the team access to any of the projects?  We are currently using IBM Kenexa and I've been tasked with finding a suitable replacement.

Heather Vogt

We're looking to add 360 to our arsenal of tools at my organization and are using the 30 day tutorial to test drive. We love what we see; however, we've had consistent problems with the assets not showing up! When we open the library to add an image, illustration, etc. there are no thumbnails! We can't choose the asset we'd like if we can't see them!

We've closed the product and opened it again. No luck. We've shut down our computers and rebooted them. No luck. Any ideas why this could be happening? It's a bummer when we love the product so far! The easy-to-access assets are a strong plus for SL, but we can't access them. What gives? Thanks for any help! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.