New Computer

Nov 24, 2015

I am hoping someone can help me. I have a new computer, and now everything on the Storyline software is super small.  Almost can't even read it.  It isn't doing that in the other software, just Storyline.  Has anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it?

9 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Catherine!

You may find that user interface elements in Articulate Storyline are small and difficult to read on high resolution monitors—generally, monitors that display more than 2,000 pixels in width. We're working to improve performance on HD monitors. In the meantime, you may need to reduce your screen resolution while working in Storyline.

We have not confirmed that this user solution works for everyone, but Brent posted a solution here that may be of assistance and is probably worth taking a look at.

Daniel Sposato (Philly)

Did you check to see if there is something checked under the Compatibility options?

1) Navigate to the folder where SL2 is installed

2) Find the "Storyline.exe" file, right click on it and select "Properties".

3) Select the "Compatibility" tab and Enable Compatibility mode by checking the "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and then choose your version of windows.

Just by navigating to these options you won't change anything. But if you do see "Run in 640 x 480 screen resolution" checked, you can uncheck it and hit "Apply" and try running SL2 again. These options won't go away if you just select apply, so you can then just go back and undo any changes.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.