New in Storyline 360: 3 Exciting Quizzing Features

Sep 29, 2020

We just released three cool quiz features in Storyline 360. Now you have even more flexibility and control over the information reported to your LMS and how you assess your learners.

To make these new features easy to use, we made a few changes to the Storyline 360 interface. Here’s a quick rundown of each new quizzing feature and where you’ll find them in the app.   

Expanded Quiz Tracking

Expanded Quiz Tracking makes it easier to track learner progress. Now, Storyline 360 keeps track of every quiz in your course, while only sending the results to your LMS for the quiz the learner actually completes.

To select a quiz type, insert a results slide and then click on the Result Tool, Design tab. Within this tab, you can click the Quiz Type button and choose from the three new quiz options—Pre-Check, Knowledge Check, and Final Assessment

We’ve also added an LMS tracking button to the new Quiz Design tab. From here, you can specify which quiz reports results to your LMS—this is handy when you have one course with multiple learning paths and you want to report the results for only the quiz your learner completes.

Only Score Viewed Questions

With the Only Score Viewed Questions feature, you can create adaptive quizzes that allow learners to branch out to different questions based on their responses—and without negatively affecting their score.

When you’re designing your quiz, select the Only Score Viewed Questions checkbox in Quiz Settings, and your learners will only be graded on the questions they view. 

Track Multiple Completion Criteria

You also have more flexibility around tracking course completion. In the Tracking Options tab, now you have multiple ways of triggering a course completion. You can mark the course complete as soon as learners view a certain number of slides, finish a quiz, or reach a completion trigger. If you choose more than one tracking option, whichever one the learner completes first will be reported to the LMS.

To learn more about how to use these new features in some creative ways, check out this article

And to keep tabs on Storyline 360 features in the works, check out our What’s New, What’s Next page.

21 Replies
Mateusz Szuter

Good job!

I have one question, coz one thing is availbility to do pre-check and final assesment and send it to the LMS, and the second is wheter the LMS will handle that :)

So, have you tried that multiple assessment on any LMS to the test functionality? Probably Moodle will handle that without problem (I did multiple responses on LMS in the past using js), how about most popular SAP SF or something else? Can anyone check where does it work out of box, or where you need to do some adjustments on the LMS side? 

AFAIK SuccessFactors only allows one score per course per user :( 

Ren Gomez

Hi Mateusz,

To help clarify, Storyline will only send one quiz result to your LMS.

The benefit of these features is you now have the freedom to make more than one quiz reportable or track multiple completion methods to choose which one will be reported.

To send multiple assessments, as you mentioned, you'll need an unsupported workaround such as Javascript to accomplish that.

Susan Riedemann

I am in the process of republishing modules because of Flash going away.  I went ahead and installed the latest updates to my Storyline.  Once I did that, modules that I republished using the updated version of Storyline would no longer record in our LMS.  I reverted back to the old version of Storyline and the modules now work.  We use IE 11 in our facility.  Has anyone else had issues?  I really like the new quiz features in the upgrades and would love to use the updated version.

Sabine Walsh

I am having TERRIBLE problems since this update. I can only get a grade to report to the LMS (and Scormcloud) no interactions or question results. I have a results slide for the ungraded interactions and one for the assessment quiz which then report into a final results slide which reports to the LMS but nothing, only a score. We need reporting on all interactions. Help! It worked perfectly before the September update.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Sabine,

We'd be happy to help you navigate the new settings in your project. 

With your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Sabine!

I appreciate you taking the time to report this issue to us! I'm excited to share that the fix for this bug, where question details didn't always get sent to an LMS when a final result slide combined other result slides, was released today in Storyline 360 (Build 3.51.24979.0). 

You'll find this bug fix included with other fixes and features in our latest version of Storyline 360.  To take advantage of these enhancements, make sure to update Storyline 360 on your Articulate 360 desktop app!

Our team is available in this discussion or a support case if you have additional questions!