New in Storyline 360: Publish to video and the course completion trigger

Feb 20, 2018

Hello, everyone!

I’m excited to share two new features in Storyline 360 that I think you’ll love:

• Publish to video: This is a feature that a lot of folks have asked for, and we’re thrilled to announce it today! You can now publish your Storyline 360 project as a single MP4 file to use in another project or upload to a video hosting site, such as YouTube.
  • Course completion trigger: Get more precise control over when your course is marked as complete. The course completion trigger sends a completion status update to your LMS when learners perform a specific action or reach a certain point on the timeline.

Check out our What’s New page for video demos of these new features, as well as a look at what’s new in Rise.

46 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Andrea,

3 hours is definitely a long time! How large is your .story file? Are you publishing to a local destination on your computer? Have you also check the file name and path to see that it doesn't include any special characters or is close to exceeding the 260 character limit? 

If you can share a copy of your .story file here with us, I'm also happy to test publishing it to a video file. You can share that by clicking here and inserting them into a new discussion comment. Look for the Add Attachment button. Thanks!

Mark Rainville

The Publish to Video feature is great and came along when I needed to publish to YouTube.  However, is there any way to change the resolution from the standard options?  In YouTube, the video displays with large black bars to either side. 

It seems that YouTube likes 1024 by 568 to completely fill the window.  I tried just typing in those numbers to override the standard options and ST 360 shut down.  Thanks.

Richard Watson

Anthony,

I just published a video from a 20-minute course that had about 35 slides with audio tracks on all of them. It published without any problems. Some of the slides had 3-4 audio tracks. Interested in hearing from others on this as I've not experienced that issue. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing what's up with that.

Richard

Di van Santen

I have upgraded to latest Storyline v3.13 however, I can't access the "Track using complete course trigger" as the radio button appears in grey. I understand that I need to select this to have the completion trigger of the CONTINUE button to work in my Rise course. I need the learner to complete the two Storyline slide activity in the Storyline block before continuing. Is there something else I need to do to make this work? (I've attached my Storyline activity)

Anji Heath

I published an activity that I was working on and I couldn't get the Replay videos that I had in the SL360 file to play. I ended up doing a capture through SL360 and then it would work. The quality however is very poor. I'm trying to come up with a solution using a different product. I'm really disappointed in the 360 product. I'm sorry our company went ahead and purchased it. This isn't finished but this is what I've got.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.