New in Storyline 360: Text to speech, object editing improvements, and more

Nov 14, 2017

Hello, everyone!

We’re so excited to share all the great new features in Storyline 360! Here’s what’s new:

• Text to speech: Speed course development by converting text to speech right in Storyline 360. You can choose the voice and language, so every word sounds perfect.
  • Text-to-speech closed captions: Let the app do all the work for you to generate closed captions that are automatically synced with text-to-speech narration.
  • Object editing enhancements: Size and position objects with pixel-perfect precision. Workflow improvements make it easier than ever to format objects on your slide.
  • Fine-tune motion paths: Create perfect motion paths easily with new features that give you more control over how objects move around your slides.
  • Random numbers variable: Use the random numbers variable to easily build math problems, present learners with randomly selected content, and add gaming elements to your courses.

Check out our What’s New page to learn more about these features, and what’s new in Rise and Content Library.

81 Replies
John Morris

Thanks again for your quick response.

The last sentence of my first post reads thus:

"I am using Storyline 360 on a computer running Windows 10."

I was looking in the Articulate 360 window for updates as was described in the documentation to which you had linked me.  I was not looking in the storyline window as represented in your screenshots.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi John!

John Morris replied:

Thanks again for your quick response.

The last sentence of my first post reads thus:

"I am using Storyline 360 on a computer running Windows 10."

First of all, let me apologize for misunderstanding. I certainly appreciate your patience.

I do not use those preferences enough obviously:

If you don't see an Update button yet, sign out of the desktop app, then sign back in to force the new update to appear.

Jaclyn Bazin

Hi Leslie,

I have also been trying to install the updates this morning but it just freezes on the installing part and nothing happens. Is there a known error as to why we are unable to update?

I am using articulate 360 and I tried logging out and back in again again to the desktop app but that didn't work either.

Thanks

Jackie

Adam Read

Some fantastic features in this release - thanks guys!

The biggest wins for me and my team are the new precision options - especially the ability to quickly control X/Y positions for motion paths (and edit multiple paths at a time).

The size and X/Y and rotation modals for shape edits are also cool, it would have been great to see more precision given to the dragger control for things like rounded corners though.

This definitely feels like a good step forward though :)

Chris Dickson

I completely agree with you on this point, Virak. I asked the same question in another discussion. It would be great to have either some controls to customize the speech or let us use SSML tags to adjust the speech.  I submitted a feature request to see if this can be something added in the next update. If we can get enough people to see the benefit I hope they can bring this feature to us all.  In the meantime, you can use the same voices by using Amazon Polly. There you can make adjustments to speed of speech and other parts of the pronunciation. Just download the MP3 and use it as an audio clip. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.