New Storyline 360 feature in Storyline 3 (Feb 2018)

Feb 20, 2018

I see that a new 'completion' trigger option has been added to Storyline 360. 

Will this feature be added to Storyline 3 in the near future?

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Trevor, 

That new feature (and a few others released recently) are specific to Storyline 360, and won't be released to Storyline 3.

Because Articulate 360 is a subscription, we're able to roll out new features continuously. That being said, Storyline 360 will always be up-to-date and will include features that aren't in our perpetual versions.

Trevor White-Miller

Hi Ashley,

So what you are really saying is, pay your money once and that is all you get. Where was if you keep paying we'll give you more.

I'm very disappointed that Articulate is forcing me down the subscription route by not fully supporting Storyline 3. I am well aware of the 'added value' of Storyline 360 by offering extra products (which I don't want or require). I really don't see what was the point in Articulate launching Storyline 3 or continuing to sell it as the perpetual version if it becomes out of step with 360.

Would I be right in assuming the Storyline 3 will now never have any new features?

What about bug fixes and other general updates to support later browsers etc. Will SL3 still get these?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.