Next Button Behavior - Cannot Resolve Atriculate 360

Apr 04, 2019

I have a slide with three layers. I have disabled the next button when the timeline starts. I have changed the state of the next button so it is available when the state of three PNG's are normal. My problem comes in when I advance forward in my module and want to revisit this slide. I want the slide to pick up where it left off. The user can click on any triangle to access a layer and have the next button available but it doesn't work. 

The leaner can view previous slide and come back and it works, but cannot advance forward and have it work. I'm at a loss.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Carolyn,

Our team is investigating a similar issue, and have found that having the next button disable upon timeline start is causing the issue. You could look at adding these triggers to the slide or the Slide Master where you have this set up: 

• Change state of next button to disabled When the timeline reaches 0.5 seconds.
  • Change state of next button to normal When the timeline ends.

I've also included this discussion in the report filed with our team, so I'll be able to update you here once we have more info! 

Katie Riggio

Hey there, Carolyn!

We've consulted with our product team on the behavior where the Next button returns to disabled when revisiting the first slide, and I have some answers for you!

After careful review, we determined it to be by design based on the navigation features. For next steps, we recommend the settings outlined here.

We'd love to hear your thoughts around this setup, and do let us know if you need a hand!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.