Next Button Inconsistencies - Storyline360

Apr 11, 2018

Hi all, I've found a bit of a problem with my next buttons. I started this project on a machine that was running an older version of Articulate, and just recently updated to the current version. I saw there was a bug in previous versions similar to what I'm seeing. 

Many of the slides in this project will use multiple layers, and I'm keeping the next button disabled until the user visits all layers. However, when returning to a previous slide, the next button was disabled until you "remind" the system that the buttons have been visited by clicking one.

So, I tried a workaround using variables, and that seems to work, but only once. If the user returns to a previous slide a second time, it seems to then require the timeline to play in its entirety and then click on each button again to set the next button to "Normal."  

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

1 Reply
Bob O'Donnell

Take a look at slide 1. It now remembers everything. It keeps the 3 selections visited and additionally enables the Next button.

You had a trigger that was resetting your Slide 1 variable back to "False" each time the slide was revisited so it was like starting over again. You could probably follow the same coding as slide 1 and make the other 2 slides function in the same manner.

Let me know if this works for you. Not the most elegant solution, but I think it works with what you already started.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.