Next button not working in Storyline 360.

Aug 11, 2020

Hi, I am aware that other people Have raised this, But I'm not aware of any resolution.

I have a project which is too big to upload and comprises several modules.

At the end of each module there is a quiz at the end of the quiz is the results slide which I have modified so that it displays only the passing mark in the learner's actual mark.

Some unknown reason once you complete the quiz and click the next but in which I have configured to point back to the menu, nothing happens.

I've tried a couple of workarounds including adding a button labelled "Return to Menu" which points back to the menu. This didn't work, in fact the button would not display.

I added another slide at the end, after the quiz, with the next button pointing back to the menu that I want them to arrive at.

Still no joy!.

I have checked the properties of the slides and that there is nothing there that I can see that would cause this peculiar behaviour.

I hope that, somewhere between now and the previous post more than a year ago, someone will come up with a solution.

Here's hoping!

7 Replies
Sam Hill

Hi Cameron, the structure of your quiz is a bit confusing for me. I haven't seen it done like this before. This could be the problem.

For the quiz, what are the rules, for example if the get a question correct/incorrect. I can see you have multiple results slides in a single quiz at the moment. There may be a valid reason for that, but I'd like to understand what you are looking to achieve in terms of user experience for the quiz and there may be a different solution to the structure. It looks a bit over engineered at the moment and I'm hoping we can simplify things for you.

Gillian Vazey

hi Sam,

thank you for your response.

This e-learning module started out as a fairly conventional exercise, until we decided to try and get clever.

The function of the quizzes is not so much to test knowledge but is to provide the learner with an opportunity of thinking about what they have just read and answering a question. This would have the opportunity to clarify their understanding or recall.

In the initial iteration the quizzes and results all at the end of the module section. Then, as I said we try to get clever and give feedback at the end of each topic.

At this point we struck two problems first was that the feedback mechanism in Storyline does not deal well with drag-and-drop into a sequence type questions. It puts up the answer that you gave and tells you that it's incorrect.

I found a workaround for that which unfortunately then meant that I had two mechanisms with which to give feedback. The built-in version which works fine for everything except drag-and-drop into sequence type questions and a cobbled together solution for the drag-and-drop into sequence questions.

I'm of a mind to try and persuade the customer that we should just stick with the testing feedback at the end of the module and come up with an alternative way of dealing with the drag-and-drop into sequence.

I hope that this explanation will add to your understanding of what I'm trying to achieve and that we might find data solution to the somewhat clumsy methodology that I was trying.

Once again, thank you so much for your time and effort, it's greatly appreciated.

Kind regards Cameron

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.