Object Reference not set to an instance of an object

Jan 23, 2013

I have been trying to publish my work to my ftp site.  I do the "test" for the connection and it comes back successful. I keep getting the above message and other messages as the system times out before the file goes.  

Please advise.

8 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Trudy,

First, try to make sure that you're publishing local files. Work on your local drive (your C: drive). Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, including file corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior.  You should also make sure the directory path to your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters (for example C:\Articulate). Avoid using special characters, accents or symbols in your file names.

Additional information regarding "Naming Files, Paths, and Namespaces" in Windows operating systems can be found in the following Microsoft article.

If you've confirmed that the files are local, are you able to share the .STORY file here? If you can, I can try to see if I'm able to publish the course.

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Trudy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're still working with this. I've been unable to find any additional information on this issue. If you can, please go ahead and submit a support case with our technical department. They'll be able to work closer with the issue and see what's going on. Also, please share the case number with me so I can update this thread with any suggestions or solutions.

Thanks again, Trudy!

Trudy Wilson

Another question in regards to one of your suggestions today...

Even though the path to my file is way less than 260 characters I'm still trying to make it a shorter path.  

My current path is C:\Users\Trudy\Documents\My Articulate Projects\DEMO

I'm trying to save directly to my C drive but keep getting the below message

You don't have permission to save in this location.  Contact the administrator to obtain permission.

Would that be the Articulate Administrator or my IT Administrator?

Thanks!!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.