Old bug in newest build? - Accented characters showing as HTML CODE in title of published Storyline 360 course

Sep 18, 2020

I have the latest build of Storyline 360 (3.43.22859.0) installed and I've been recently experiencing a strange bug that my colleagues (working with older Storyline 360 builds) don't seem to have...

This seems to be a new issue for me as previous published courses didn't display this behaviour. The courses are always published in French.

Before publishing, I checked the Player button to be sure everything was all right. All the accents were displayed properly (Picture 3). I had previously published for Web and for Review 360 and the problem wasn't present. 

However, when I was finally ready to publish to our LMS, the accents were displayed as HTML code in the title and the top part of the Menu. (Picture 1)

I copied the file to our shared server. My colleague opened it and this is what he saw in the Player settings. (Picture 2) - He corrected it and published it again without issue. I also had another colleague take a look and they had the same problem with my file. 

Yet, when I open the Player settings, I still see it like this. (Picture 3)

Any help/tip would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

2 Replies
Lauren Connelly

I'm happy to return to this discussion with an update!

Today, we released Storyline 360 Update 48! Here are the features and fixes released in this update. You might notice the bug you reported has been fixed!

Fixed: Accented letters and special characters displayed as HTML-encoded strings on the start/resume screen in the modern player.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app! Thank you for taking the time to report this bug to us.