Option to use Storyline360 responsive player on all devices?

Apr 06, 2017

I actually prefer the design for the new responsive player to the standard design with the contents permanently down the side.

Is there an easy way to use the responsive player on desktops too?

I feel the standard player design is now a bit 'tired' and have noticed that many people customise it to remove side panel, but I'd like to give people info & control over navigation in longer modules. I like how the responsive player provides a hamburger icon which brings up an overlay of the contents list when tapped - I guess I could create this within storyline, but seems time-consuming to create in a slide layer then copy the icon & layer onto every slide individually...? Or is there a shortcut to paste them onto all slides in one go?

Could I do this via a master slide?? 

Would be great to discover there's already a standard player template for this!

Thanks for your thoughts.

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Leonie,

Thanks for reaching out and that feedback. We've heard it a few times now, and the mobile player is going to show automatically based on the device you use to access the content. It's not something that is' in the master slide or layers - but based on the feedback we've heard so far, we're working on a feature that would allow for you to have a unified player (same look on desktop and mobile) and that's going to be rolling out sometime in Q2. We'll keep you posted if that date changes - but otherwise expect to see it announced here in ELH and on our "Whats new page"!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.