Others being able to view formatting from your custom templates in Storyline 3 when opening your Storyline 360 file

Aug 01, 2018

Hi,

I am wondering if you create a custom template (https://community.articulate.com/series/74/articles/articulate-storyline-360-user-guide-how-to-use-custom-slide-templates) that you utilize for a Storyline 360 file, can someone else that has Storyline 3 open the .story file to show the same custom formatting without them having the same custom template saved in their own Articulate library? Or does the template somehow get saved within the .story file?

My concern is that I'll create the file with custom template slides in Storyline 360 but when others who have Storyline 3 open the file, it will not show the right formatting if they don't have the custom template file. This would be similar to when Storyline shows an error to let you know that you don't have a font package installed on your machine that isin a Storyline file that you open. 

Thanks for your help!

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Nicolette, 

Once you've added an asset into your Storyline file, it's in the file itself and no longer calling out to Content library. If you share that file with someone who has Storyline 3, they'll be able to open it and see your items without a change in formatting, but they won't have access to add more from a template or edit features such as a Characters pose.

You can read a bit more about the compatibility of Storyline 3 and Storyline 360 here.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.