Paragraph bullets not animating correctly in Storyline 360

Nov 23, 2016

I converted a Storyline 2 course to 360.  One of my bulleted paragraphs is set for each line to animate with a left to right wipe and is synced to audio.  The first bullet point does fine, but the next 4 just jerk onto the screen with no wipe animation.  This worked fine in Storyline 2.  Any suggestions?

26 Replies
Diane Yandell

I had to publish quickly, so in 360, I just changed all the animations to "fade." I also had to change the exit animation of a picture also. The main problem was with the title text on the first slide and the bullet box on the second slide....and then a few of the picture animations. When I first published, there was a LOT of lag between slides on the ipad and iphone. After I changed the animations and republished, this time I published as a new story. I don't know if that has any affect, but it played much better. I would love to have a way to use other animations besides just "fade." Also, I published with an HTML5/Flash format. Is that the best for Ipad, Iphone playback. Customers are watching this on our company website. Thanks, Diane Yandell

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Diane!

HTML5/Flash is the default option, which covers the widest audience and provides the best experience.

You can check out this article for all of the details related to publishing for a mobile device.

Not sure if you were trying to share a file as requested above, but I'm not seeing one attached here. Be sure to click View in the e-mail reply to pop into the forums and utilize the 'Add Attachment' option in the bottom left of the reply window.

Jennifer Shelden

I'm having this same animation problem in my 360 course. It happens in both a course that is being built from a converted file (we have a base file we use as a template) as well as if I try to recreate the animation in a blank, new course. I will switch to fade since I'm on a tight timeline, but this is definitely a glitch of some sort. 

Ali Goulet

Hey there Diane and Jennifer-- I have some great news! 

We just released another update for Articulate 360, and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here 

This update fixes the issue you reported where the Wipe animation sequenced by paragraph didn't work as expected in HTML5 output.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly!

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for sending over a sample file, Ruth.

In Internet Explorer, Wipe and other masking animations won't work correctly due to a browser limitation. 

The Wipe animation should work correctly in Chrome. However, there is a bug in Storyline 360 where Wipe won't work correctly when the animation is applied "by paragraph." Until we have a fix in place, you can work around this by breaking the bullet points into separate text boxes.

We'll let you know as soon as a fix is released for this bug, and I'm really sorry it's slowing you down!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks for your patience as our team took a look at this one. Today we released an update to Articulate 360 including a fix in Storyline 360 for the behavior where some animations set to occur by paragraph didn't work in HTML5 output, including random bars, shape, split, wheel, and wipe.

Take a look at the release notes here, and when you're ready to update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.

Karin Martinsen

This feature still does not work.   If you use float in bullets do not animate.  The first bullet come separately and the rest just come together.   Really basic animate totally fails.  I tried the fix involving the timeline -- still does not work and is ridiculously time wasting for a feature that was in powerpoint over a decade ago.  Please advise. 

Mark Campbell

Hi Everyone,

I am having a related issue with animation.  Our client wants a bulleted line by line text to be synced with the audio on certain slides.   The text and animation were originally created in PPT.  I noticed the PPT was mostly using the "appear" animation setting. That setting is not supported in SL 360.  I switched the animation over to fade which, according to the entrance animation list, is an approved animation.  The animation does occur but the TL list the animation as one object on the TL.  The only solution we currently have is creating a text box for each bulleted line of text in order to sync it with the audio.  Is there a reason why SL lumps PPT animation into one object on the SL 360 TL?

Thank you,

Mark

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.