Performance lag when in edit states mode in 360

Dec 20, 2016

I'm currently experiencing a big performance hit when I am editing object states where it almost grinds down to a halt. I'm using a brand new high end laptop so this shouldn't be happening. Is there perhaps a setting that causes these performance issues? I do not seem to have any issues with Storyline 2.

11 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hello Sjoerd,

Sorry to hear you're having lag issues with Storyline 360.  Have you first confirmed that you system matches the system requirements here?  Also, is this happening with any file or just one particular file? You'll want to make sure that you're working on local project files as detailed here. 

If you're working locally and still having issues, would you mind sharing your file here in the forum? I'd like to take a closer look at what could be causing the lag. If you prefer, you can create a copy of your project and delete all slides except for the one that is causing issues, and send me that version via the Add Attachment button at the bottom of the reply window. 

Sjoerd Pijper

If this laptop doesn't meet the requirements, I don't know what does. 

Specs; Intel® Core™ i7-6700HQ (2.6 GHz, 6 MB cache, 4 cores) running windows 10.

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 965M (4GB GDDR5 dedicated)

16GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 16GB)

I have the issue at all times. Even when I open a new story, add an object and enter the edit state mode.  When I test this on Storyline 2 there is no performance hit what so ever. 

Wendy Farmer

Hi Sjoerd

I have a laptop similar specs to yours and I have no issue with editing states in SL360.  

Are you working on your local drive?

See attached quick video of adding a shape and creating and editing states - no lag at all. Unless I'm not understanding what editing you are doing.

Alyssa Gomez

Hello Sjoerd,

Thank you for sharing your file here. Take a Peek at how the file behaved on my end. As you can see, I didn't notice a lag when editing the state of the button without a hotspot. Since you're still seeing a lag, I'm going to have our Support Engineers investigate this further. I've opened a case on your behalf, and you should hear from one of the engineers shortly! 

Greg Hagar

Hi Alyssa,

I'm running Storyline 360,  v3.13.14869.

This isn't a show stopper, I simply shut down the program and open it again and that seems to clear it up for a couple of hours. Just happened to notice the lag and thought I'd look into it. From what I can tell, it's definitely worse when editing object states. Importing slides 1 by 1 into a new project didn't point to anything in particular. 

I did have windows task manager running as I worked in Storyline, and when the lag was at its worst, I noticed it was using 2,419,304K of memory (as opposed to the approximately 170,000K when a first open the file I'm working on)!!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.