Playback issues on iPad.

Aug 20, 2012

Hi all,

I recently began testing Articulate Storyline's iPad capabilities and I have run into a few issues.

A few of the issues are noted Below:

1. The seekbar doesn't "seek".

2. Audio doesn't always start with the slide and sometimes doesn't start at all (animation continue to play without audio.

3. Features on the player are sometimes not in the correct place.

4. Logo panel does not display.

Has anyone else had these problems, and if so, know of a solution? I tried downloading the Articulate Mobile Player App, but I couldn't seem to get it working. Is the app a necessity when viewing modules on an iPad? My knowledge of iPad development is currently very trivial and I would greatly appreciate if someone could bring me up to speed.

Kind regards,

Ian

6 Replies
Isa David

Hi Ian,

We develop solely mobile content so our content must be iPad-friendly. I had the same audio problems as you experienced with my first module and found that simly moving my soung file up to the first item in my slide elements did the trick. 

I sometimes publish for the mobile app and sometimes for Safari and have had no real issues with either, though the mobile app usually allows for smoother navigation.

Isa

Matt Cinelli

We are publishing Storyline 360 courses that play fine on desktop but the edges of some layers are visible when viewed on an iPad.  Strangely, this only occurs when hosted from our LMS.  

Courses launched on a desktop, or on the iPad hosted external to our LMS, play without visible edges.  This suggests something with the LMS, but we have not found a resolution yet.  

Ali Goulet

Hey Matt!

Thanks for letting us know about this. This thread is a bit older- so lets start from scratch here.

Have you tried uploading one of your courses to SCORM Cloud to see if the same occurs there? That'll give a great indication of whether this issue is software related or something happening within your LMS. 

You're also welcome to share one of the .story project files here with me. I'm happy to do some testing with it! Just add it as an attachment to a comment like this:

Thanks again, and keep me posted! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.