Player issue -Latest SL 360 (Build 3.31.19951.0) Solved

Aug 21, 2019

I have just updated to SL360 August 20, 2019 (Build 3.31.19951.0) and my existing projects are bringing up the Error Box when I access the Player.

It does not appear to happen on a new project. 

I'll try to find out if it is just the Modern player but I thought I might post this early as others may wish to wait before updating active projects.

Are any others experiencing this ?

Regards Doug

8 Replies
Katie Riggio

Oh no, Doug! So sorry you're hitting that error report.

I'm having trouble recreating this in a Storyline 360, build 3.31.19951.0, sample file (click here to see a short recording of my test).

For our next steps, let's see if a fresh copy of Storyline 360 does the trick. Go through these steps, and let us know if that helps! 🤞

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Nikki,

I haven't heard or seen other reports of this error. Typically, that error indicates something went wrong with the install of Storyline or the individual file which is causing the crash. I'd always suggest going through a repair as a good first step as it's a quick process and an easy way to rule out that issue.

Let us know if you're still having trouble and we can dig in more to the specifics of your set up! 

Doug Brown

Hi Katie, unfortunately those steps  did not work.

It appeared that any existing files that used an older modified modern player created the issue. This happened 100% of the time in the 10+ files I tried. New files did not exhibit the issue.

I have resolved the issue by creating a NEW identical modified player and saving the player then applying the new player to the old file. I assume the issue was with the older modified players. Very odd issue but I can now use the latest version of 360.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.