Player Setting "Prompt to Resume" works on all but 2 slides in SCORM 2004 testing

Jul 26, 2017

Is there any sl360 Slide level property setting that could/would override the sl 360 Player property Resume setting?  

Please see image 1 for Player setting.

Please see image 2 for Slide property setting on one of the slides that won't properly bookmark - user must start the course from the beginning if exit occurs at this slide(This was the default, didn't change anything except removing the Prev button throughout the course this is the same slide property set throughout the course except for a few slides in which next slide navigation is by an on-slide shape. Other slides with this same setting, bookmark as expected)

Please see image 3 for the Slide property of the other slide that, if exited, does NOT prompt to resume and requires a start from the beginning. This is the first of a short group of slides that have no Prev or Next button, as mentioned above.

Lastly, the course is linear (no branching) narrated, and the Next button on each slide is disabled until the narration completes through out the course.

Should Slide properties be changed to ensure that the player setting functions as it should in SCORM 2004/LMS, resuming at the same slide no matter what slide the tester exits on?

Is there something I should do to fix this behavior? What steps should I take?

13 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Terri, thanks so much for your detailed post! The screenshots were really helpful, too. 

Slide Properties should have nothing to do with resume behavior. Are you saying that you see the "prompt to resume" when you exit on some slides, but not on others?

Would you mind sending over your file? Be sure to let me know specific slide numbers that are giving you trouble. I'd be happy to take a look! 

Terri Smith

Thank you so much, Alyssa. Correct - The resume pop-up appeared for all but 2 slides. On the slides that it did not appear (screen shots I sent of the slide properties for those 2 slides), the course began at the first slide. Due to the content, I am unable to send you the file, this is why I provided the detail and pics (please see  Articulate Case # 01108248 for an alternative). If setting the resume on the player should apply for the each and every slide of the entire project, why wouldn't it? Does anything need to be set at the slide level to enable it? Do you or the team have record of this function skipping slides before? This seems to be a random error...but I really need it fixed:-(

Terri Smith

I have tried setting the player property  "On restart: Always resume" and the preferred one, "On restart: Prompt to resume". In SCROM cloud testing, with the sl360 file published for LMS Scorm 2004, when the course is exited at slides 1.29 and 1.34, the outcome has been failure to present the prompt to resume pop-up/failure to resume (respectively) and begins at the first slide.  Attached are the slide properties for every slide in this course. Where you notice the absence of the Next button on slide 29-31, the user is prompted to click an on-slide shape to continue.

The product is not behaving as it is supposed to when the settings steps are followed and I can't seem to get real help or answers as to why, or any solution. I have been through these pages searching and reading articles desperate for some mention that give a hint to an answer - I know many of you have been there before...so (respectfully) what I don't need is a link to a generic how to set the player to restart article. Clear questions that I've asked, have yet to be answered. I bet the cost of this software that the answers will help us all, so I'll share my questions:

• Is there any sl360 Slide level property setting that could/would override the sl 360 Player property Resume setting?
  •  What are the slide level properties that override the Resume player setting?
  •  If setting the resume on the player should apply for the each and every slide of the entire project, why is it not happening?  
  • Does anything need to be set (or avoided) at the slide level to enable proper prompt to resume behavior?
  •  Is there a record of this function failing on slides before? What was the fix?
  •  What steps would you take to evaluate my file if you had it?

Not being able to send the file shouldn't mean abandonment in support to resolve. Should it?

Truly appreciate your thoughts/insight/weigh-in about this, as I am exhausted now.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.