PLEASE HELP!

Jun 12, 2015

Hi All,

I am in the middle of a huge 4 module project and I'm now encountering issues with saving one of the projects. I'm not sure if its my Storyline application or the course became corrupt.

When I go to save it - I get an error message (see attached) saying its being used in another program. So, it keeps creating new versions - none of which you can save. I have a strict deadline of Wed and I'm afraid to open the other 3 courses. See attached message. I hope you can help.

10 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Karyn,

I'm really sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your file. I'd suggest looking to see if the temp directory is full as I know that has caused saving issues in the past. 

Here's how to empty it:

1. Open Windows Explorer, type %temp% in the address field, and press Enter.
  2. When your temp directory opens, press Ctrl+A to select all the temp files, then press the Delete key on your keyboard.
  3. A few temp files may currently be in use that can't be deleted. When prompted, you can skip those.
  4. You can now save your project file.

Please let us know if you're still having difficulty. You'll also want to confirm that you're on the latest update of Storyline 2 Update 5 available here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.