Power Point Import failing on SL2, SL3 and SL360

Jun 12, 2018

Trying to import PPT into Storyline 2, 3 and 360 - complete failure - all I get is spinning wheels Help

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

David, help is on the way! 

First, It doesn't sound like you're running into an error message, but just that Powerpoint imports time out? Can you start by confirming you're importing Powerpoint files into Storyline files that all adhere to the best practices and guidelines here?  Not working with local files or having excessively long file names/paths is known to cause some really odd behavior for Microsoft and Articulate tools. 

Next, I'd suggest checking these other reasons why the Powerpoint import could fail. Although this article is for Storyline 360, you would run into the same issues across the board. I'd go through and check all the steps listed there.

If you're still running into trouble after that, we'll want to take a look at your Powerpoint file to do some testing on our end. You're welcome to share here in ELH (use the Add Attachment button) or you can send privately to our Support Engineers here (mention this discussion so they know what steps you've already tried). 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.