Powerpoint 2010 requires repair - cannot open after install/upgrade of Articualte Storyline 2

Aug 15, 2016

I am unable to open Powerpoint 2010 files. Requires a "repair" but this does not work. I have recently upgraded to Articulate Storyline 2.  I have Adobe Flash Player 22.0.0.2 loaded so the notes I saw relative to Flash version 19 should not apply. I am able to open the same Powerpoint files on a client pc where Atriculate is not installed.

Please help.

4 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for reaching out here, and that's certainly not what I'd expect! You only see this message when trying to open Powerpoint files, not when trying to open Storyline files? Did you look at repairing Office 2010? A quick search on Microsoft's website found these steps.  

What Articulate version/update were you using before?

Wendy Spivey

Attached you will find versions of Articulate.
I do not have administrative rights to my desktop and am not able to attempt a repair of Office 2010. Unfortunately I feel like this is going down a rabbit hole since my files were accessible before Articulate software was installed on my desktop.  Also, because there are hooks that are directly tied between Articulate and Powerpoint leads me to Articulate or some association there in that has caused the problem. Powerpoint itself will not let you repair the file or access the file. But on another PC without Articulate I can access any of the Powerpoint files.

There are multiple versions of Articulate Storyline installed as you can see. When we received an upgrade to Storyline, there was no removal of Articulate Storyline 1 when Storyline 2 was installed. 

I look forward to any recommendation you have in regards to Articulate, In the meanwhile I will reach out to our service desk and try to get someone to go through the steps of "repairing" Office 2010.

Thank you.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for sharing that image - I see that you also have Studio '13 installed, which is a plugin associated with Presenter. I would suspect that has more to do with your inability to open Powerpoint files than Storyline. I have not heard of a Storyline install causing Powerpoint files to stop opening, and although you mentioned that it worked on another computer it still seems that something with the installation caused a change to the system as a whole.  There is a simple repair of Studio you can follow here, and at the bottom are further steps if that doesn't help. If you'd also like to work with our Support Engineers you can reach out here. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.