PowerPoint Import Issues

Jan 30, 2017

Hello everyone,

I am currently engaged with Articulate support over this but I thought I would throw this out there.

I am trying to import PPTX presentations into Articulate Storyline 2 and am having issues. I am getting an error when trying to import any type of PowerPoint file. The error points me to this location:

https://articulate.com/support/article/error-failed-to-import-powerpoint-presentation-sl2

I can assure you that I have gone through every step of these troubleshooting steps but to no avail. I have used Articulate for a few years now and have not had this issue before. I am an experienced IT person and also tried a number of network possibilities.

I am running Win 10 and Office 16 which are supported.

13 Replies
Thomas Elvins

I am a typical work network, but the files I am trying to import are not on a network drive; they are on my local machine. I have tried to open from a shared drive previously but that was on of the troubelshooting steps.

All the files I have been trying to open, including the one I sent you, are in My Documents folder which is stored locally. I also have admin priveledges on this machine and have tried that as well.

I am organising with my work IT support to try another machine as well, just to see how that goes.

Thanks for the idea

Thomas Elvins

Hello all,

Thank you very much for all your help and suggestions. I have taken all this on board but (sigh) I had to resort to a system reinstall to try and fix the issue. It is 4 hours of my life I won't get back :)

The good news is that it worked!!

Didn't point to the root cause but I am happily importing just fine!

Thanks again

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.