Preventing Corruption in Storyline 360 Files

Nov 26, 2018

Hello!

The projects my department works on sometimes require more than one collaborator to work on the same, shared .story file.  We use version control, store the files in shared Dropbox files, and download them to our local drives when we work on them.  Even with those recommended safeguards, we've recently experienced some issues that required extensive rebuilds of Storyline files that were being shared to Brightspace LMS to collect SCORM data.  

To reduce the likelihood of that ever happening again, I'm writing some organizational protocols for handling those shared files.  What would you all recommend I include in those protocols?  Here are some questions I'm specifically pondering for inclusion into the protocol:

1. What is the most stable version of Windows to use with Storyline 360?

2. Should the files be zipped before they are uploaded to Dropbox for safekeeping?  If so, is there a recommended zipping program to use?

3. Is there a more recommended AntiVirus/Firewall solution to use?  Are there ones we should avoid?

Thank you for your help!

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Mary and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thanks for reaching out and asking your questions regarding Storyline 360 and corruption prevention.

1. Your software should work well in any of the Windows environments specified in our documentation here.

2. We certainly do recommend zipping your files prior to moving them, but we do not recommend a specific software to do so. Check out our documentation here alongside some information about Teams that may assist in your collaboration needs.

3. I'll leave this one to the community to share their recommendations.

In addition, I'd like to share this article written by Nicole that outlines some good practices to follow to avoid file corruption.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.