Previewing slides

Aug 19, 2020

I am having issues with previewing slides on Storyline. When I preview certain slides in a scene, it is showing the content layer only, without the base layer. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? If so, do you have any advice on how to fix this? Thank you

3 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hard to troubleshoot without seeing the file. Best guesses:

• If you can you see the base when you're editing the layer, then the Layer Properties may be set to hide the base when previewing/publishing. Be sure that checkbox is deselected.

• If you can't see the base when you're editing the layer, then the layer may have a filled background that's covering the base. Check the layout, and change it, if needed.
Judy Nollet

Hi, Emma.

I have no more guesses at this point. 

I suggest that you upload the .story file, because anyone troubleshooting at this point would need to look at the file. 

If you're concerned about confidential content, you could save a copy of the file, delete all the slides except for one (or more) of the slides that show this issue, and then upload that. You could even revise the text on those slides, if you feel that's necessary. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.