Previous and Next Buttons

Mar 11, 2015

Is there a way to hide the previous and next buttons when viewing layers?

Thanks,

14 Replies
Steve Flowers

Hi Dan - 

It depends on the mechanism you want to use. You can hide or disable the next and previous buttons in Storyline 2 using a trigger. These triggers can be initiated from a layer. The trouble comes in when you would like to reactivate these if / when a layer is closed manually.

Can you provide a little more detail on the events you'd like to use to hide and show your built-in next / previous buttons? If so, I think we can make a couple of recommendations on how to go about it. 

Marta Slanik

I applied this method to some of my layers as I was seeking the same functionality - prev and next buttons not accessible from a layer.

It works as intended for layers that have only 1 button and that button being the trigger to hide the layer.

However, this method does not work on my layers that have multiple buttons in addition to the one for hiding the layer. As soon as I click on any of my other buttons the prev and next reappear. This is not what I want, I want the prev and next to reappear when the layer closes.

I tried adding a condition so that they reappear when all the other buttons were visited but this did not work. They reappear after my first button click.

Any ideas for a solution?

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.