Previous button

Jun 10, 2014

Hi,

I am fixing a course of my co-worker with navigational issues. I am curious as to why the 'previous' button trigger isn't visible in the pane, only the next button? Have I become desensitized to SL or has it always been like that? If it has, how can I make the previous button jump to the correct previous slide? Right now it somehow jumps to the beginning of the scene instead of the previous slide, which is the last slide of the previous scene?

What am I not seeing? I reset the slide, but the problem still persists. At one point I hit previous, but it isn't going anywhere, even though the previous slide is correctly linked.

Cheers,

Thanks!

6 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Kai, 

The default trigger for the Prev button, which jumps to the last visited slide, is hidden in Articulate Storyline. If you customize the Prev button with an additional trigger—for example, to adjust a variable—it replaces the default trigger. As a result, you'll need to add another trigger to restore the default Jump to previous slide functionality.

Custom triggers for the previous button might look something like the image below.

Since it sounds like some of your other triggers are misbehaving, it may be worth checking into the following first and then if the behavior persists we'll want to take a look at your .story file:

• Work on your local drive (your C: drive).Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, includingfile corruption, loss of audio, and other unexpected behavior. 
  • You should also make sure the directory pathto your project files and your published output is less than 260 characters(for example C:\Articulate).
  • Avoid using special characters, accents orsymbols in your file names.
  • Try importing your existing project into a new .story file. 
Kai ...

Thanks Ashley! I couldn't wait for a response, so I went ahead and applied the new trigger to all the slides that were misbehaving. ( Just saw your post).

I am good on all the suggestions you mentioned above, hence my confusion. I didn't try importing into a new story. file. If this persists, I will definitely go that route first. Especially so if the file was created by someone else and I have to do troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Kai

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.